Forming of a Scottish Presbyterian congregation on the Isle of Dogs
1859:
Laying of the foundation stone by John Scott Russell (architect T. E. Knightley), building cost of £ 750 plus further costs for extra foundations due to the peaty soil
1867:
Addition of a gallery on the west side
1906:
Extension building including a vestry, classrooms and a kitchen (architect T. Phillips Figgis)
1972:
Deconsecration, subsequently used commercially for the testing of crane components
1989:
Foundation of the St Paul’s Arts Trust aimed at transforming the church into an arts centre
1993:
Completion of initial emergency works, then start of restauration (architects Claxton Auvergne Collings)
1996:
Inauguration as the arts and culture venue “The Space”