Visit-a-Church
Key Image Eglwys St Ann/St Ann’s Church
Bryn Eglwys
LL57 4BQ Llandygái (Mynydd Llandegái)
United Kingdom
Denomination: Deconsecrated
Geogr. Coordinates: 53.17548° N, 4.08057° W
Geo Location
Reference year: 1865
Architectural style: Gothic Revival
Description: Former parish church of the Gothic Revival (in the Early English style), whith a square tower on the north side of the chancel
Name derivation: From St Anne
History:
1813:   Consecration of the first church, built in 1807 by Richard Pennant, Baron Penrhyn (architect probably Benjamin Wyatt); now buried under the spoil heaps of the nearby Penrhyn quarry
1865:   Construction of a new church by Edward Gordon Douglas-Pennant, Baron Penrhyn of Landygái (architect Goronwy Owen)
1997:   Closed due to prohibitive cost of maintenance
1999:   Church sold
Important persons:
Patron:  Anne (Mother of Mary)
Sources
Coflein: St Ann’s Church, Bryn Eglwys, Mynydd Llandygái, https://www.coflein.gov.uk/en/site/43688/details/st-anns-church-bryn-eglwys-mynydd-llandygai, retrieved 04/06/2019
Stephen, G. A.: St Ann’s Church, Bryn Eglwys, Bethesda, https://geotopoi.wordpress.com/tag/bryn-eglwys/, retrieved 04/06/2019
© 2021
TuK Bassler
CC-BY-SA 4.0